don't postpone joy

Sunday, December 04, 2005

when you are worried, and you can't sleep...count your blessings instead of sheep

So I had absolutely nothing to do Friday night.
I have a profile posted on a personals site, but don't pay anymore, so unless someone gives me their email address, or sees that I am online, and IMs me, I can't really communicate with any prospective Mr Wonderfuls.
I was bored, so I made myself visible and chatted with whoever messaged me.
Now I am no prude. AT ALL. Some guy IMed me and asked me if I liked to be (sic) ate out. Well, no doy, of course I do, but I just don't get what makes it OK to ask. I wasn't mad at the guy, and I asked him. He said he was just curious. He asked me a bunch more questions, and all the while I know he assumed I was gonna show up with something. As far as I know he wasn't writing a thesis or doing a doctoral dissertation...and I get that he would screw anyone, but why would you want someone who you would meet like that? Just as I thought, as soon as I answered a slew of questions to his liking, he asked if he could cum over. (in the dictionary it's not spelled that way, by the way)After a few minutes of wasted time, I said goodbye to cyberromeo.
As I type this, I answer my own question. "Self," I said, "not everyone is where you are. Be in his shoes, and you'll get it." heavy sigh. I don' t like the idea, actually. I'm not into phone sex or cyber anythingfreaky...not that I haven't done either of those things, I'm just not into it. I suppose that's because I'm not involved with anyone, and to do it with strangers, just perpetuates that. Of course it could be a little erotic mysterious...Friday night it was just irritating.

Some other dude invited me for sushi. Another lonely stranger. I knew that wouldn't come to fruition, so that's no big deal.

In my seminar yesterday, there was a visitor from San Diego. Nice looking guy. We looked at each other a few times. You know, the looks that last longer than just glances, but not long enough for anyone else to see--at the break, he didn't talk to me, I didn't approach him, and he left without either of us saying a word to each other.

At lunch, I was walking into Friday's...(I was weraring a Michigan State t-shirt)and a guy who looked like Mick Jagger may have about 25 years ago...except taller and better looking...asked me if I was a Spartan. Heck yeah!!! He went to State, too. Went onto graduate from Cooley..the law school in Lansing, and now he lives here. I always wanted to go to law school. I would have gone to Cooley, but when I graduated, but I didn't want to go to school anymore..of course, now I wish I had. There we were talking...he had no ring. and I said "ok, then, have a great day." and he said, "yeah, you too." I saw him get into a big black Hummer and drive away. (insert whatever you want about compensating and a big vehicle)


Then at about 430 this afternoon, my doorbell rings. It's my neighbor David. Remember how I told you about my broken garage door? Well, he came over and said he had an idea about how to fix it. I just, right this minute, realized that he must think about me other than when we see each other in our driveways, or passing on the street. creepy. He's nice and all, but for some reason I'm not really interested in talking with him. and when i do talk with him, it takes forever. So, we spent a couple hours in my garage trying to get the door back on track. For a minute, I thought I was gonna end up with a totally broken door, and an open garage. A little sticktoitiveness, duct tape and some channel locks, and we got the thing on track, and level...we've still got some more work to do but at least you can't open it from the outside. I also cannot pull my car into the garage...:0(
Anyway, neighbor DavidwithmousywifeAmy, always finds a way to kiss me on the lips. Somehow some way, he just plants one on me. This time, it was a partially open mouthed kiss. Like if I'd just hung in a split second longer, tongue would have surfaced. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???
Im just shaking my head.

I know none of this means anything.
I still don't have a Christmas tree.

...and you'll fall asleep--counting your blessings~
(thank you Iriving Berlin and White Christmas)

P.S.
In honor of amarilloroad http://amarilloroad.blogspot.com/
I am and will continue to be commando for the duration of the week...maybe longer~

8 Comments:

At 04 December, 2005 22:53, Blogger MamaKBear said...

Big Lots (if there's one where you live)...we got a tree there for 20 bucks! 7ft tall prelit w/ 300 lights. Great deal...not the fanciest of trees but it looks pretty good...check mine out on my blog if you want. :)

 
At 05 December, 2005 07:00, Blogger Jody said...

men are a horny bunch

 
At 05 December, 2005 08:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i concur with J...they are!
nice post!

 
At 05 December, 2005 09:58, Blogger Kurt said...

man, it's pretty cold outside for commando Monday...plus I didn't read this in time. Tomorrow.
I bet the kids are wondering why Miss Daisy is smiling so weird today.

 
At 05 December, 2005 11:27, Blogger daisyduke said...

I am commando, today.....

 
At 05 December, 2005 11:46, Blogger tom said...

I want a surprise open mouthed kiss. Can you cum over?

 
At 06 December, 2005 21:58, Blogger daisyduke said...

There's a Big Lots a couple miles from here! I have always stayed away from fake trees (can you believe it, the tree hugger that I am?) the real issue is time...I got none!!
it's almost commando wednesday, already!!

and feetman,uh...em...er...batting eyelashes...

 
At 09 December, 2005 17:59, Blogger Jimmy said...

Guys like your "chat friend" crack me up. So suave...so debonair. Less competition, I guess. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home